Learn how to be a safe driver for life and open up a world of new opportunities! Drive Cambridge will equip you with the skills need to navigate the roads safely and confidently. That is why we are the favourite choice for driving lessons in Cambridge.
Are you ready for the challenge of becoming a skilled driver?
Here’s a quick checklist to see if you can learn to drive a car
- You must be 17 years old.*
- You must hold a provisional licence for Great Britain or Northern Ireland.
- You must be able to read a new-style number plate from 20 metres away (with glasses or contact lenses if you need them, as long as you always wear them when you’re driving).
- You must make sure any vehicle you drive is roadworthy and properly taxed and insured.
- You must display L plates on the front and rear of the vehicle where they can be clearly seen when you’re driving (L or D plates in Wales).
- You must be accompanied by a qualified driver who is over 21 and has held (still holds) a full car driving licence for at least three years – we’d recommend you have most of your lessons with an approved driving instructor.
*16 if you receive disability living allowance at the higher rate
We will be pleased to answer any questions you have, simply message us through our contact form.
From the very first time behind the wheel, to your test day – we’ll guide and support you to success